Q&A with Timothy Fernalld

Blog4Q: What would be your dream job after graduation?

A: Currently I am going through the hiring process with Rochester Police Department in NY, so ideally that would be the job that I would want. I have always had an interest in law enforcement and eventually would want to join a federal agency.

Q: What’s your favorite part about working at LCDI?

A: My favorite part about working at LCDI would have to be the assortment of challenges that we encounter with the data-recovery work we do. No two jobs are the same, and it turns into a fun puzzle to figure out how to retrieve some of the data.

Q: Here’s the big debate: Mac or Windows?

A: Windows; I am not against Apple products. After all, I own an iPhone.

Q: What is your favorite thing to do outside of class and work?

A: Outside of work I love to do any outdoor activities such as playing sports, hiking and going to the shooting range.

Q: What’s your proudest moment?

A: It will be when I receive my diploma this May.

Q: What was your favorite class you have taken at Champlain?

A: My favorite class would have to be Anti-Forensics. It was a great class that taught us what it’s like to be on the other side of the law and also contained a lot of fun projects throughout the year.

Timothy Fernalld is a senior from Utica, NY majoring in Digital Forensics at Champlain College. Tim works as a Research Assistant at LCDI where he is involved in Data Recovery and Research and Development. Currently Tim is working on various projects including a mobile response unit for the VT ICAC and numerous data recovery jobs.

More Research Projects
The Leahy Center Inventory Project
Social Media Footprint Awareness
My Experience on The VPN Comparison Team