Q&A with Timothy Fernalld

Blog4Q: What would be your dream job after graduation?

A: Currently I am going through the hiring process with Rochester Police Department in NY, so ideally that would be the job that I would want. I have always had an interest in law enforcement and eventually would want to join a federal agency.

Q: What’s your favorite part about working at LCDI?

A: My favorite part about working at LCDI would have to be the assortment of challenges that we encounter with the data-recovery work we do. No two jobs are the same, and it turns into a fun puzzle to figure out how to retrieve some of the data.

Q: Here’s the big debate: Mac or Windows?

A: Windows; I am not against Apple products. After all, I own an iPhone.

Q: What is your favorite thing to do outside of class and work?

A: Outside of work I love to do any outdoor activities such as playing sports, hiking and going to the shooting range.

Q: What’s your proudest moment?

A: It will be when I receive my diploma this May.

Q: What was your favorite class you have taken at Champlain?

A: My favorite class would have to be Anti-Forensics. It was a great class that taught us what it’s like to be on the other side of the law and also contained a lot of fun projects throughout the year.

Timothy Fernalld is a senior from Utica, NY majoring in Digital Forensics at Champlain College. Tim works as a Research Assistant at LCDI where he is involved in Data Recovery and Research and Development. Currently Tim is working on various projects including a mobile response unit for the VT ICAC and numerous data recovery jobs.

More Research Projects
CyberRange Team: Creating The Perfect Sandbox Environment
The Internet of Things Team: An Inside Look
CyberTech: Creating a Safer Internet Through Education