Industry Experience at Opentext Conference

Introduction

This summer, I spent a few days next to a pool in warm, beautiful Las Vegas. But I didn’t spend that time thawing out from the Vermont winter. The LCDI was able to send myself and other students to Enfuse 2018. We were granted the opportunity to experience a conference, network with industry professionals, and attend some of the 100+ sessions that took place over the four days.The sessions gave us the opportunity to learn new things, from finding specific types of forensic artifacts to lessons from the field.

Order in Chaos: How Not to Lose Your Head When Your Hair is on Fire

Bad days suck. You know, the days where everything that can go wrong seems to go wrong? Well, in the world of information security, a lot of time and money is spent planning around what can go wrong, and trying to minimize that damage. At Enfuse, I was able to attend a session called “Order in Chaos: How Not to Lose Your Head When Your Hair is on Fire”, presented by Rafal Los, host of the podcast Down The Security Rabbithole. This session talked about the days where things went wrong for Los, and the lessons that the rest of us can learn from other people’s mistakes. Ros highlighted the importance of media communication during an incident and how a reliance on technology, which may not be available during an incident, can pose potential problems.

Conclusion

Enfuse 2018 was a fantastic experience and I’m so grateful to have had the opportunity to attend. I was able to meet new and knowledgeable people, as well as learn new things from the sessions I attended.

To learn more about the LCDI, take a look at our Facebook and Twitter pages or send an email to lcdi@champlain.edu!

More Conferences & Events
Champlain College as Finalists in NECCDC
A Reflection On Our Cyber Symposium
Leahy Center Thrilled to be Celebrating Ten Year Anniversary!